The below MACA director boot camp will be rescheduled for later in the Spring when winter finally goes away. We apologize for any inconvenience and will provide an update on a new date.
Michigan Association of Condominium Associations (MACA)
Director Boot Camp (Livonia, MI)
Time: 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Location: Livonia Public Library, 32777 5 Mile Road, Livonia, MI 48154
Details: Meet with MACA representatives and professionals, ask questions, and learn the ins-and-outs of operating a Michigan condominium association. Common topics covered in a condominium director boot camp are as follows:
- The difference between general common elements, limited common elements and units in a Michigan condominium.
- The types of books and records that are kept by a Michigan condominium association and the inspection requirements for the books and records.
- The role of directors, officers, committees and property managers in a Michigan condominium association.
- The fiduciary duty of directors and officers of a Michigan condominium association.
- How the board of directors of a Michigan condominium association can properly take action at a board meeting and outside of board meeting.
- How to take meeting minutes for a meeting of the board of directors and the entire condominium association.
- The requirements for electronic participation in condominium association meetings pursuant to MCL 450.2405 of the Michigan Nonprofit Corporation Act.
- How to have the condominium association take a vote in lieu of having an in person meeting pursuant to MCL 450.2402, MCL 450.2408 and MCL 450.2409 of the Michigan Nonprofit Corporation Act.
- Tips for budgeting and entering into contracts with vendors of the condominium association.
- Effective strategies that a condominium association can employ to enforce the condominium bylaws.
This seminar is only for condominium directors. The seminar is free for MACA members and $25 for non-members. Register here.
Kevin Hirzel is a Michigan Community Association attorney who concentrates his practice on commercial litigation, community association law, condominium law, construction law and real estate law. Mr. Hirzel has been a Super Lawyer’s Rising Star in Real Estate Law from 2013-2017, an award given to only 2.5% of the attorneys in Michigan each year. He was named an Up & Coming Lawyer by Michigan Lawyer’s Weekly in 2015, an award given to only 30 attorneys in Michigan each year. Mr. Hirzel is a fellow in the College of Community Association Lawyers, a designation given to less than 175 attorneys in the country. He represents community associations, condominium associations, cooperatives, homeowners associations, property owners and property managers throughout Michigan. He may be reached at (248) 480-8758 or email@example.com.